Chief Master Sergeant Kenneth M. Bruce, Jr., is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. He is responsible for the morale, welfare, training, management and professional growth for over 7,100 personnel assigned to the Air Force’s largest composite wing in the area of responsibility. The wing includes strike; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; mobility; aeromedical evacuation; and command and control assets which support operations INHERENT RESOLVE and FREEDOM’S SENTINEL.
Chief Bruce grew up in Jacksonville, Fla. and enlisted in the Air Force in July 1996. As a career intelligence professional, his background includes various positions within sensor operations, imagery intelligence, and special operations at the squadron, group, major command and Headquarters Air Force levels. He has deployed in support of Operations JOINT GUARD, OBSERVANT COMPASS, JUNIPER SHIELD, and INHERENT RESOLVE.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the command chief of the 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
1997 RQ-1 Predator Payload Operator Course, Indian Springs Air Force Auxiliary Field, Nev.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2003 Pacific Command Battle Damage Assessment Course, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2009 Associate of Applied Science in Communication Applications Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Senior Enlisted ISR Master Skills Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Bachelor of Science, Religion, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Va.
2012 Special Operations Forces Air Command and Control Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2014 Master Resilience Trainer Course, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
2014 Masters of Arts, Human Services Counseling - Military Resilience, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Va.
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I & II Correspondence Course
2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense and Business, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. September 1996 – March 1997, Student, Imagery Analysis Course, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2. March 1997 – March 1999, RQ-1 Sensor Operator/Analyst, 11th Reconnaissance Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev.
3. March 1999 – January 2001, RQ-1 Sensor Operator Instructor, 11th Reconnaissance Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev.
4. January 2001 – February 2002, RQ-1 A/B Standardization Evaluation Flight Examiner, 57th Operations Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. February 2002 – February 2003, Imagery Analyst, 607th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
6. February 2003 – January 2006, NCOIC, Distributed Ground Station- Five Standardization Evaluation, Pacific Air Forces Air Intelligence Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii 7. January 2006 – April 2007, Imagery Mission Supervisor, PACAF Air Intelligence Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
8. April 2007 – August 2008, NCOIC, Team Two Imagery Operations, 13th Intelligence Squadron, Beale AFB, Cali.
9. August 2008 – November 2009, Flight Chief, ISR Operations, 13th Intelligence Squadron, Beale AFB, Cali.
10. November 2009 – November 2010, Operations Superintendent, 6th Intelligence Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
11. November 2010 – June 2012, NCOIC, Remotely Piloted Aircraft Programs/Additional Duty First Sergeant, 18th Flight Test Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
12. June 2012 – August 2013, Superintendent, ISR Force Management, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, ISR Directorate, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
13. August 2013 – September 2014, Operations Superintendent, 11th Special Operations Intelligence Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
14. September 2014 – April 2016, Deputy Career Field Manager, 1N1XX Air Force Specialty, Headquarters Air Force ISR Directorate, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
15. April 2016 – June 2018, Air Force Special Operations Command ISR Enlisted Functional Manager, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
16. June 2018 – June 2019, Command Chief, 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
17. June 2019 – present, Command Chief, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2016
(Current as of June 2019)