Brig. Gen. David A. Mineau is the Deputy Commander, Ninth Air Force (Air Forces Central), Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina, and the Combined Forces Air Component Deputy Commander for U.S. Central Command, Southwest Asia. As Deputy Commander, he is responsible for the command and control of air operations and development and execution of contingency plans in a 21-nation area of responsibility covering Central and Southwest Asia.
Brig. Gen. Mineau received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1994. He is a graduate of the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies and is a command pilot with more than 2,100 flying hours in the F-15C Eagle, F-16C Fighting Falcon, HH-60 Pave Hawk, KC-135 Stratotanker and E-3 Sentry. He has flown combat sorties over Iraq in support of operations Southern Watch and Desert Fox; deployed to Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Iraq; and commanded a squadron, group and wing.
1994 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Master of Science, Aeronautical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 Master of Science, Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Science, Airpower Art and Science, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Master of Strategic Studies, Marine Corps War College, Quantico, Va.
1. June 1994 – March 1996, Graduate Student, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash.
2. April 1996 – June 1997, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
3. July 1997 – January 1998, Student, F-15C Formal Training Unit, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. February 1998 – February 2001, F-15C Flight Lead and Chief of Squadron Standardization and Evaluation, 60th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. March 2001 – September 2003, F-15C Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, and Chief of Programing, 1st Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. September 2003 – June 2005, F-15C Instructor Pilot and Flight Commander, 85th Operations Squadron, Naval Air Station Keflavik, Iceland
7. July 2005 – June 2006, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2006 – June 2007, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2007 – June 2009, Deputy Chief of Combat Plans and Chief of Strategy, 612th Air and Space Operations Center, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
10. June 2009 – July 2012, Chief of Safety, 18th Wing and Commander, 18th Operations Support Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
11. July 2012 – July 2013, Student, Marine Corps War College, Quantico, Va.
12. July 2013 – June 2014, Security Assistance Initiatives, Political-Military Affairs Liaison, and Chief, Air Force Security Assistance, Office of Security Cooperation, Iraq
13. August 2014 – July 2016, Commander, 18th Operations Group, Kadena AB, Japan
14. July 2016 – July 2018, Commander, 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
15. July 2018 – June 2019, Director, Joint and National Security Council Matters, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. June 2019 – August 2021, Director of Current Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
17. August 2021 – May 2023, Vice Commander, 15th Air Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
18. June 2023—present, Deputy Commander, Ninth Air Force (Air Forces Central), Deputy, Combined Forces Air Component Commander, U.S. Central Command, Southwest Asia, and Deputy Commander Air Force Forces, Ninth Air Force (Air Forces Central), Shaw AFB, S.C.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2013–June 2014, Security Assistance Initiatives, Political-Military Affairs Liaison, and Chief, Air Force Security Assistance, Office of Security Cooperation, Iraq, as a colonel (frocked)
2. June 2023—present, Deputy Commander, Ninth Air Force (Air Forces Central), Deputy, Combined Forces Air Component Commander, U.S. Central Command, Southwest Asia, and Deputy Commander Air Force Forces, Ninth Air Force (Air Forces Central), Shaw AFB, S.C.
Rating: command pilot
Pilot Flight hours: more than 2,100
Aircraft flown: F-15 A/C, F-16C, HH-60G, E-3, KC-135
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
General Jerome F. O’Malley Award Winner
Distinguished Graduate of United States Air Force Academy
Distinguished Graduate of Undergraduate Pilot Training
Distinguished Graduate of F-15 Initial Qualification Course
Distinguished Graduate of Squadron Officer School
Distinguished Graduate of Air Command and Staff College
Distinguished Graduate of Marine Corps War College
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant June 1, 1996
Captain June 1, 1998
Major July 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 2008
Colonel Sep. 1, 2014
Brigadier General Oct. 2, 2019
(Current as of June 2023)