Chief Master Sergeant Randolph M. Crosslin Jr. is the Command Chief, 378th Air Expeditionary Wing, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He is the primary advisor to the wing commander on matters affecting mission readiness, morale, quality of life, utilization, health and welfare of the wing’s 2,200 multi-component personnel. The wing provides United States Air Forces Central Command dynamic mission capabilities including tactical air and ground attack, aeromedical evacuation, and a responsive, staging and operational air base with integrated air defense and forward-based air power. Additionally, Chief Crosslin provides operational and strategic input on plans, support, and execution of military operations in support of regional counter-air, aerial interdiction, and close-air support actions throughout United States Central Command’s area of responsibility.
Chief Crosslin entered the Air Force in May 1997. He graduated from Crew Chief Technical Training at Sheppard Air Force Base (AFB), Texas in September 1997. His background includes duties in Aerospace Maintenance filling a myriad of positions at the squadron, group and command levels. His assignments include bases in Missouri, Virginia, the United Kingdom, Arizona, North Dakota and Georgia. His deployment experience includes assignments in Kuwait, Diego Garcia, Guam and Afghanistan supporting Operation SOUTHERN WATCH, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, Pacific Command’s Continuous Bomber Presence mission, and Operation FREEDOM’S SENTINEL. Prior to his current position, the CMSgt was the Senior Enlisted Leader, 461st Maintenance Group, Robins AFB, Georgia.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2006 Associate in Applied Science Aviation Maintenance Technology Degree, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2006 Associate in Applied Science Instructor of Technology and Military Science Degree, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Associate of Arts Degree, State Fair Community College, Sedalia, Mo.
2008 Occupational Instructor Certificate, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2011 Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Management, Ashford University, Clinton Iowa
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2015 Advanced Maintenance Superintendent Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Correspondence Course
2016 Professional Manager Certification, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy, Macdill AFB, Fla.
2021 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2023 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2023 Wing Command Team Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- May 1997 - July 1997, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
- July 1997 - September 1997, Student, Technical Training School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- September 1997 - January 2004, B-2 Dedicated Crew Chief, 509th AMXS, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
- January 2004 - June 2005, Aircraft Section Training Monitor, 509th AMXS, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
- June 2005 - June 2008, B-2A Crew Chief Instructor, 372 TRS, Detachment 6, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
- June 2008 - May 2009, Flight Chief, 372 TRS, Detachment 6, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
- May 2009 - June 2011, LCAT Heavy Aircraft Mx Evaluator, HQ ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
- June 2011 - March 2014, Mx Policy and Procedures Superintendent, HQ ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
- March 2014 - October 2015, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 352d SOMXG, RAF Mildenhall, UK
- October 2015 - August 2017, Aircraft Mx Unit Superintendent, 352d SOAMXS, RAF Mildenhall, UK
- August 2017 - July 2020, Aircraft Mx Unit Chief, 755 AMXS, Davis-Monthan AFB, Az
- July 2020 - April 2022, Senior Enlisted Leader, 5 AMXS, Minot AFB, ND.
- April 2022 - May 2023, Senior Enlisted Leader, 461 MXG, Robins AFB, Ga.
- May 2023 – Present, Command Chief, 378 Air Expeditionary Wing, Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with silver C device and four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
1999 Senior Airman Below the Zone
2001 Academic Achievement Award, Airman Leadership School
2006 372 Training Squadron, Detachment 6 Instructor of the Year
2008 372 Training Squadron, Detachment 6 Instructor of the Year
2009 AETC Master Instructor Certificate
2015 352 Special Operations Wing Lance P. Sijan Award
2016 Air Force General Lew Allen, Jr. Outstanding Enlisted Member of the Year Trophy
2017 Honor Graduate, Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic 21 May 1997
Airman 21 Nov 1997
Airman 1st Class 21 Sep 1998
Senior Airman 21 Nov 1999
Staff Sergeant 01 Aug 2001
Technical Sergeant 01 Jul 2005
Master Sergeant 01 Jul 2009
Senior Master Sergeant 01 Nov 2013
Chief Master Sergeant 01 June 2017
(Current as of May 2023)