Colonel Christopher M. Auger is the Vice Commander, 332d Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia. The wing includes a wide array of combat Air Force capabilities including precision strike, aerial refueling, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, space, and combat search and rescue in direct support of Operation INHERENT RESOLVE. The wing is comprised of five groups with more than 2,300 total force Airmen who operate across three different countries. Prior to his assignment as Vice Commander of the 332nd, Col Auger served in the F-35 Integration Office, Headquarters United States Air Forces, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
Col. Auger earned his commission through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Norwich University in 1999, with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. He has held a variety of flying assignments at the squadron and wing level, and deployed in support of Operations Iraqi & Enduring Freedom. He served as the weapons officer for the 494th Fighter Squadron at RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom, and as F-15E Division Commander for the 422 Test and Evaluation Squadron at Nellis AFB, NV. Col. Auger was the director of operations for the 4th Operations Support Squadron and commander of the 333 Fighter Squadron, both at Seymour Johnson AFB, NC. His staff assignments include division chief and senior program manager in the Air Force Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities Directorate at Shriever AFB, CO.
1999 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Norwich University, VT.
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL.
2007 U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, NV.
2009 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence)
2011 Master of Science, Aerospace and Aviation Science Technology, Embry Riddle University, FL.
2012 Master of Science, Systems Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, OH.
2020 National Defense Fellowship, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
1. Jun 1999 – Mar 2001, Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Pensacola NAS, FL.
2. Mar 2001 – Mar 2002, F-15E Basic Qualification Course, 333th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
3. Mar 2002 – Jan 2005, Scheduling Officer then Special Weapons Officer, 90th Fighter Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, AK.
4. Jan 2005 – Aug 2007, Chief of Strike then Flight Commander, 336th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
5. Aug 2007 – Oct 2008, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 494th Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, UK.
6. Oct 2008 – Aug 2009, Wing Weapons Officer, 48th Operations Support Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, UK.
7. Aug 2009 – May 2012, F-15E Division Commander, 422nd Test and Evaluation Squadron, Nellis AFB, NV.
8. May 2012 – Jun 2013, Student, Intermediate Developmental Education, Air Force Institute of Technology, OH.
9. Jun 2013 – Jul 2015, Program Manager, Air Force Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities, Schriever AFB, CO.
10. Jul 2015 – Oct 2015, F-15E Transition Course, 334th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
11. Oct 2015 – Mar 2016, Assistant Director of Operations, 336th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
12. Mar 2016 – May 2017, Director of Operations, 4th Operations Support Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
13. May 2017 – May 2019, Commander, 333rd Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
14. May 2019 – May 2020, National Defense Fellow, Senior Developmental Education, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
15. May 2020 – May 2021, Chief, Operations Division, F-35 Integration Office, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
16. May 2021 – Present, Vice Commander, 332d Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
Rating: Master Navigator
Flight hours: 2,800
Aircraft flown: T-34C, T-39, AT-38B, F-15E
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
AF Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
AF Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 8, 1999
First Lieutenant June 2, 2001
Captain June 2, 2003
Major March 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel August 1, 2014
Colonel August 1, 2020
(Current as of June 2021)