PRINT | E-MAIL
Col. Kevin A. Davidson is the Vice Commander, 378th Air Expeditionary Wing, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The 378th AEW provides the 9th Air Force (Air Forces Central) commander tactical air and ground attack, aeromedical evacuation capability, and a ready, responsive, and resilient operational air base with integrated air defense. As the Vice, he supports the Commander and his team executes military operations to deter aggression and defend U.S. national interests in the region.
Col. Davidson earned his commission as a Distinguished Graduate through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Arizona in 1998. Following Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training at Columbus Air Force Base, Mississippi, he attended T-37 Pilot Instructor Training at Randolph AFB, Texas, and initial A-10 training at Davis–Monthan AFB, Arizona. As an A-10 pilot, he deployed and led combat sorties during Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. Following his A-10 assignments, Col. Davidson served as a Regional Affairs Strategist, Aide de Camp and Liaison Officer to the commander of the ROKAF Operations Command and 7th Air Force commander, Osan AB, Korea. The colonel is a Distinguished Graduate of Republic of Korea Air Force’s Joint Command and Staff Course, and U.S. Army War College. He is a command pilot with more than 2,700 hours, including more than 370 combat hours.
Prior to his current position, the colonel was the Chief, Operations Support Division, Directorate of Air and Cyberspace Operations, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
1998 B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz.
2005 Squadron Officer School, (residence), Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Masters of Education in Adult Instruction and Curriculum from the University of Phoenix
2011 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Basic Korean Course, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, Calif.
2012 Korean Language Course, Hannam University, Daejon, South Korea
2012 Republic of Korea Joint Military University, Command and Staff College, Distinguished Graduate, Daejon, South Korea
2015 Joint Foreign Affairs Officer Phase II, Elliot School of International Affairs, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2018 Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies, US Army War College, Carlisle, Pa. Distinguished Graduate
2019 Joint Foreign Affairs Officer Phase II, Elliot School of International Affairs, George Washington University, Washington, D.C
1. February 1999--June 1999, Mobility Officer, 42nd Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
2. July 1999--July 2000, Student Pilot, Specialized Upgrade Pilot Training, 37th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. August 2000--January 2001, Instructor Pilot Upgrade, Pilot Instructor Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. February 2001--July 2002, T-37 Instructor Pilot/SQ Executive Officer, 37th FTS, Columbus AFB, Miss.
5. August 2002--September 2003, Assistant Flight Commander/Flight Evaluator, 37th FTS, Columbus AFB, Miss.
6. October 2003--October 2004, Student, A-10 Upgrade Training, 357th FTS, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
7. November 2004--November 2005, Pilot/Life Support Officer, 25th Fighter Squadron, Osan Air Base, South Korea
8. December 2005--February 2006, Pilot/Chief of Standards and Evaluations, 75th FS, Pope AFB, N.C.
9. March 2006--June 2007, Flight Commander, 75th FS, Pope AFB, N.C
10. July 2007--June 2008, Assistant Director of Operations, 75th FS, Moody AFB, Ga.
11. July 2008--March 2009, Director of Staff, 23th Operations Group, Moody AFB, Ga.
12. April 2009--March 2010, Flight Commander, Aircrew Flight Equipment, 23rd Operation Support Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
13. April 2010--July 2011, Student, Korean Department, Defense Language Institute, Presidio of Monterey, Calif.
14. August 2011--January 2013, Student, Republic of Korea Joint Military University, Daejeon, South Korea
15. January 2013--May 2014, Aide de Camp and Liaison Officer to the Commander ROKAF Operations Command, Osan AB, Korea
16. May 2014-May 2015, Director of Operations, 557th Flying Training Squadron, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
17. May 2015-April 2017, Commander, 557th Flying Training Squadron, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
18. July 2017–June 2018, Student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
19. July 2018-June 2019, Chief, Contingency Operations Branch, HQ PACAF A3/6, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
20. June 2019–July 2020, Director Commander’s Action Group, HQ PACAF, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
21. July 2020–June 2021 Chief Operations Support Division, PACAF, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
22. June 2021--Present, Vice Commander, 378th Air Expeditionary Wing, Prince Sultan AB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: more than 2,700 with over 370 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38C, A-10A, A-10C, T-53, T-41, C-130J
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Feb. 12, 1999
First Lieutenant Feb. 12, 2001
Captain Feb. 12, 2003
Major Aug. 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 1, 2014
Colonel Apr. 1, 2020
(Current as of June 2021)