PRINT | E-MAIL
Col. Jeremy E. Williams is the Vice Commander, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. This composite wing includes strike, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, mobility, aeromedical evacuation, and command and control assets, which support Operations INHERENT RESOLVE, FREEDOM’S SENTINEL and DELIBERATE RESOLVE. The wing provides support to more than 7,800 Air Force, joint, and coalition forces.
Col. Williams is a native of Las Cruces, New Mexico and entered the Air Force as a Distinguished Graduate from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 2001. He attended Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training at Vance Air Force Base, Oklahoma, and was afterward assigned to fly the C-17A in the 4th Airlift Squadron at McChord AFB, Washington. While there, he was part of the Prime Nuclear Airlift Force, responsible for transporting the nation’s nuclear assets. Prior to this assignment he served as the Secretary for the Joint Staff.
Col. Williams is a command pilot who has accumulated over 3500 hours of flight time, with more than 900 combat hours supporting various operations around the world.
2001 Bachelor of Science in Political Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2002 Master of Arts in Political Science, Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
2008 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Eisenhower School of National Security and Resource Strategy, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
1. August 2001 – August 2002, Graduate Student, AFIT, Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
2. August 2002 – August 2004, Student Pilot, Vance AFB, Okla.
3. August 2004 – August 2009, C-17A Instructor Aircraft Commander/PNAF Aircraft Commander, 4th Airlift Squadron; PNAF Mission Planner, Chief Squadron Executive Officer, Wing Executive Officer, McChord AFB, Wash.
4. August 2009 – July 2012, C-17A Formal Training Unit Evaluator Pilot, 58th Airlift Squadron; Chief of Squadron Operations, Chief of Command Post, Altus AFB, Okla.
5. July 2012 – June 2013, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. June 2013 – July 2015, Pol-Mil Planner, Deputy Director for Politico-Military Affairs-Asia, Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy (J5), Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
7. August 2015 – June 2016, KC-135R/T Instructor Pilot, Assistant Director of Operations, 92d Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
8. June 2016 – July 2018, Commander, 93d Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
9. August 2018 – June 2019, Student, Eisenhower School of National Security and Resource Strategy, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
10. June 2019 – June 2021, Secretary, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2021 – present, Vice Commander, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: 3530
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-1A, C-17A, KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 2001
First Lieutenant May 30, 2003
Captain May 30, 2005
Major Jan. 1, 2011
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 2016
Colonel March 1, 2020
(Current as of June 2021)