PRINT | E-MAIL
CMSgt Joshua J. Wiener is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates. He is the senior enlisted advisor to the installation commander on mission effectiveness, professional development, readiness, training, utilization, health, morale, and welfare of 3,600 warfighters within 4 groups and 15 squadrons. The wing provides air refueling; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; air battle management; control and reporting; ground attack; air support; theater security cooperation; and airlift missions for overseas contingency operations in Southwest Asia. CMSgt Wiener also works with base and community leaders to develop and implement policies and programs that positively impact the quality of life for more than 4,100 military personnel and civilian employees.
CMSgt Wiener enlisted in the Air Force in September 1998 as an Aerospace Propulsion Apprentice. During his tenure in the Air Force, he has worked, followed and led at the section, flight, squadron and group levels, focused on taking care of Airmen and executing full spectrum maintenance operations on eight different airframes, including the C-141B, C-17A, C-5B, F-15C/D, F-22, B-52H, F-16 and F-35A aircraft.
Prior to assuming duties at Al Dhafra AB, he was the Maintenance Group Superintendent at the 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Arizona.
2001 Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Ground Radio Operator License
2003 Airman Leadership School, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
2004 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Airframe and Power Plant License
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Distance Course, Maxwell-Gunther AFB, Ala.
2010 Associate Degree in Aviation Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunther AFB, Ala.
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2012 Logistics 262 Course, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2012 Professional Managers Certificate, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunther AFB, Ala.
2012 Mission Roadshow Generation Course, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunther AFB, Ala.
2013 Project Manager Course, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2014 Jet Engine Mishap Investigation Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2015 Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Operations School (AMMOS), Nellis AFB, Nev.
2016 B.S. Degree in Aeronautics with Minors in Safety and Management, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2017 Advanced Nuclear Concepts (Nuc 300), Air Force Institute of Technology, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2018 Chief’s Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunther AFB, Ala.
2019 Strategic Deterrence Basic Course for Executives, Center for Strategic Deterrence Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 Senior Enlisted Joint Prof Military Education II Course, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2020 Command Chief’s Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews AFB, Md.
2020 Middle East and South Asia Political-Economic Conflict Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington D.C.
1. Sept 1998–Nov 1998, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Nov 1998–Jan 1999, Student, Aerospace Propulsion Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. Feb 1999–Jun 2002, C-17 Home Station Check Team Member, 62nd MXS, McChord AFB, Wash.
4. Jun 2002–Apr 2004, En-Route Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman, 723rd AMS, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
5. Apr 2004–Jun 2005, Aircraft Maintenance Expediter, 723rd AMS, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
6. Jun 2005–Dec 2008, F119/F100 Engine Test Cell Shift Lead, 325th MXS, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. Dec 2008–May 2009, F100/TF34 Engine Test Cell Production Supervisor, 18th CMS, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
8. May 2009–Oct 2009, Assistant NCOIC, Engine Test Cell, 18th CMS, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
9. Oct 2009–May 2010, NCOIC, Engine Test Cell, 18th CMS, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
10. May 2010–Mar 2012, Quality Assurance Chief Inspector, 18th MXG, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
11. Mar 2012–Dec 2012, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 18th MXG, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
12. Jan 2013–Oct 2013, Aerospace Propulsion Section Chief, 5th MXS, Minot AFB, N.D.
13. Oct 2013–Feb 2014, B-52 Phase Inspection Section Chief, 5th MXS, Minot AFB, N.D.
14. Feb 2014–Jan 2015, Maintenance Flight Chief, 5th MXS, Minot AFB, N.D.
15. Jan 2015–Sept 2015, Assistant Maintenance Superintendent, 5th MXS, Minot AFB, N.D.
16. Sept 2015–Jan 2017, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 5th MXG, Minot AFB, N.D.
17. Jan 2017–Sept 2017, Squadron Superintendent, 5th MXS, Minot AFB, N.D.
18. Sept 2017–May 2019, Group Superintendent, 5th MXG, Minot AFB, N.D.
19. May 2019–Jun 2020, Group Superintendent, 56th MXG, Luke AFB, AZ
20. June 2020–Pres, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one Silver Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one Oak Leaf Cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Operation Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
2003 Distinguished Graduate, Airmen Leadership School
2007 General Leo Marquez Award, 325th Maintenance Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL
2008 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2009 NCO of the Year, 18th Wing, Kadena AB Okinawa, Japan
2010 Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award (NCO), 18th Wing, Kadena AB Okinawa, Japan
2011 SNCO of the Year, 18th Maintenance Operations Squadron, Kadena AB Okinawa, Japan
2012 Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award (SNCO), 18th Maintenance Operations Squadron, Kadena AB Okinawa, Japan
2013 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2014 Aircraft Mechanic of the Year (SNCO), 5th Maintenance Group, Minot AFB, Minot AFB, ND
2015 Academic Excellence Award, Air Force Advanced Maintenance Superintendents Course, Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Operations School (AMMOS), Nellis AFB, NV
2016 Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award (SNCO), 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, ND
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Sept. 28, 1998
Airman March 28, 1999
Airman First Class Jan. 28, 2000
Senior Airman Sept. 28, 2001
Staff Sergeant June 1, 2003
Technical Sergeant June 1, 2007
Master Sergeant July 1, 2010
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2014
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2020)