PRINT | E-MAIL
Colonel Jeremy R. Reeves currently serves as the Vice Commander, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates. The 380th AEW is comprised of four groups and 15 squadrons. As Vice Commander, he is responsible for the wing’s air refueling, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, air battle management, control and reporting center, ground attack, air support, theater security cooperation and airlift missions in support of overseas contingency operations in Southwest Asia.
Colonel Reeves was raised in Lubbock, Texas. He received his commission in May 1999 through Texas Tech University, Texas and attended Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training in February 2000 at Vance Air Force Base, Okla. After graduation, Colonel Reeves served as a pilot on the KC-10A Extender, performing aerial refueling and airlift missions around the globe. In 2004, he was assigned to Scott AFB, Illinois where he flew the C-21A Learjet and would eventually serve on Air Mobility Command Headquarters staff. Colonel Reeves would go on to command the 6th Air Refueling Squadron at Travis AFB, California. He is a command pilot, having logged over 3,000 hours in the T-37B, T-1A, C-21A and KC-10A aircraft.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Reeves was the Executive Officer to the Deputy Commander, U.S Transportation Command.
1999 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
1999 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Masters of Business Administration - Information Technology Management, Touro University, Cypress, Calif.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, correspondence
2011 Master of Arts in Security Studies - Homeland Security & Defense, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
2013 Air War College, correspondence
2017 Master of Arts in National Security and Strategic Studies, Navy War College, Newport, R.I.
1. July 1999 – February 2000, Assistant Executive Officer, 7th Operations Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
2. February 2000 – February 2001, Student, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
3. February 2001 – June 2005, Wing Command Post Duty Officer and KC-10 Aircraft Commander, 32d Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, NJ
4. July 2005 – December 2008, Wing Executive Officer and C-21 Evaluator Pilot, 458th Airlift Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. December 2008 – July 2010, Deputy Chief, Officer and Civilian Force Development Branch, Directorate of Manpower, Personnel, and Services, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL
6. August 2010 – December 2011, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
7. January 2012 – April 2014, Operations Officer, 6th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
8. April 2014 – June 2016, Commander, 6th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
9. July 2016 – June 2017, Student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
10. July 2017 – March 2019, Deputy Division Chief, Global Operations Division, Operations Directorate, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. April 2019 – Jun 2020 Executive Officer to the Deputy Commander, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. June 2020 – Present Vice Commander, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,000
Aircraft Flown: T-37B, T-1A, C-21, KC-10A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 14, 1999
First Lieutenant June 14, 2001
Captain June 14, 2003
Major April 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2013
Colonel January 1, 2020
(Current as of June 2020)