Chief Master Sergeant Jason T. Tiek is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia. The wing’s mission is to generate, execute and sustain combat air and space power across the Levant. The wing executes this mission with a wide array of Combat Air Force capabilities including Precision Strike, Aerial Refueling, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Space, and Combat Search and Rescue supporting Operation INHERENT RESOLVE. The wing is comprised of seven groups and operates in four different countries. As the wing’s senior enlisted advisor, he advises the wing commander on all matters influencing the combat readiness, utilization, quality of life and mission effectiveness of more than 3,000 Total Force Airmen in a deployed environment.
Chief Tiek grew up in High Ridge, Mo., and entered the Air Force in June 1991. His background includes various duties in the aircraft maintenance field as well as serving as an additional duty First Sergeant and Career Assistance Advisor. He has been stationed at locations in North Dakota, Florida, Nevada, South Carolina, Virginia, Colorado and Washington, District of Columbia. He has also served overseas in South Korea and deployed in support of Operations JOINT GUARD/JOINT ENDEAVOR, SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, NOBLE EAGLE, IRAQI FREEDOM/NEW DAWN, ODYSSEY DAWN, the Combined Joint Task Force HORN OF AFRICA, INHERENT RESOLVE and FREEDOM’S SENTINEL. Before assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 50th Space Wing, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Airman Leadership School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, NJ.
2005 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Course, by correspondence
2005 Associate in Applied Science Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force 2008 Federal Aviation Administration Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Licensing
2009 Aircraft Mishap Investigation Course, HQ Air Force Safety Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M. 2009 Air Mobility Command Leadership Challenge Program-II, Scott AFB, Ill.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, by correspondence 2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air Mobility Command Chief’s Leadership Course, Scott AFB, Ill.
2012 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Executive Certificate in Leadership and Management, University of Notre Dame, Ind.
2015 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
2017 Space Operations Executive Level Course, Advanced Space Operations School, Colorado Springs, Colo. 2017 AF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C.
2017 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense & Business, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. June 1991 - August 1991, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB,Texas
2. August 1991 - January 1992, Student, Apprentice Strategic Electro-Environmental Systems Specialist Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. January 1992 - May 1994, Electro-Environmental Systems Apprentice, 5th Organizational Maintenance Sq, later Electro-Environmental Sys Specialist, 23rd Bomb Sq, Minot AFB,N.D.
4. May 1994 - May 1995, Electro-Environmental Systems Journeyman, 35th Fighter Sq, Kunsan AB,Republic of Korea
5. May 1995 - June 1998, Aircraft Electro-Environmental Systems Journeyman, 4th Special Operations Sq, later 16th Aircraft Generations Sq, Hurlburt Field,Fla.
6. June 1998 - March 2001, Aircraft Electro-Environmental Systems Craftsman, later Aircraft #3 Assistant Crew Chief, USAF Air Demonstration Sq “Thunderbirds”, Nellis AFB,Nev.
7. March 2001 - August 2003, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Section Chief, 20th Component Repair Sq, later Quality Assurance Inspector, 20th Maintenance Grp, Shaw AFB, S.C. (August 2001 - December 2001, Electro-Environmental Shift Supervisor, 363rd Expeditionary Maintenance Sq, Prince Sultan AB, Al Kharij, SaudiArabia)
8. August 2003 - October 2005, NCOIC, Manned Aerospace Maintenance, Nuclear Weapons and Counterproliferations
Agency, HQ AF, Washington,D.C.
9. October 2005 - July 2007, Career Assistance Advisor and Flight Chief, First Term Airmen Center,11th Mission
Support Sq, Bolling AFB,Washington, D.C.
10. July 2007 - May 2008, Flight Chief, Programs and Resources and Additional Duty First Sergeant,6th
Maintenance Operations Sq, MacDill AFB,Fla.
11. May 2008 - September 2009, Lead Production Superintendent, 6th Maintenance Sq, MacDill AFB, Fla.
(September 2008 - January 2009, Accessories Flight Chief, 379th Expeditionary Maintenance Sq, Al Udeid AB,
12. September 2009 -May 2011, Lead Production Superintendent, 6th Aircraft Maintenance Sq, MacDill AFB, Fla. (April
2010 - August 2010, Maintenance Superintendent, 379th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Sq, 340th Aircraft
Maintenance Unit, Al Udeid AB,Qatar)
13. May 2011 – October 2012, Maintenance Superintendent, 6th Aircraft Maintenance Sq, MacDill AFB, Fla.
14. October 2012 –May 2014, Superintendent ,Tiger Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 20th Aircraft Maintenance Sq, Shaw AFB,
S.C. (September 2013 – February 2014, Superintendent, 79th Expeditionary Fighter Sq, Southwest Asia)
15. May 2014–October 2014, Chief Enlisted Manager, 20th Aircraft Maintenance Sq, Shaw AFB,S.C.
16. October 2014– February 2016, Superintendent, 20th Maintenance Grp, Shaw AFB,S.C.
17. February 2016– February 2017, Superintendent, 380th Expeditionary Maintenance Grp,Southwest Asia.
18. February 2017– May 2018, 50th SpaceWing Command Chief Master Sergeant, Schriever AFB,Colo.
19. May 2018 – present, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant, SouthwestAsia.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with five oak leaf clusters Air
Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters Outstanding
Airmen of the Year Ribbon
1993 Senior Airman Below-The-Zone, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
1994 Maintenance Professional of the Year, 8th Fighter Wing, RoK
2000 NCO of the Year, USAF Air Demonstration Squadron “Thunderbirds”, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2003 NCO of the Year, HQ Air Force, Nuclear Counter-proliferations Directorate, Washington, D.C.
2004 John L. Levitow Award, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2004 NCO of the Year, HQ Air Force, Air and Space Operations, Washington, D.C.
2005 Lance P. Sijan Award, HQ Air Force, Air and Space Operations, Washington, D.C.
2005 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year, HQ Air Force, Washington, D.C.
2006 Career Assistance Advisor of the Year, Air Force District of Washington, Washington, D.C.
2009 Lt Gen Leo Marquez Outstanding Acft Mx Supervisor Manager, 6th Air Mobility Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2010 Gen Lew Allen Jr. Acft Sortie Generation Award, 6th Air Mobility Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2011 SNCO of the Year, 6th Maintenance Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2012
(Current as of May 2018)